Waste to Energy
In a world with an increasing population and consumption there is a pressing need to use our resources in the best possible way. This involves reducing the generation of waste, high-quality recycling and use of the residual waste for efficient and clean energy generation.
A robust thermal waste-to-energy facility is a cornerstone of most modern waste management systems. A waste-to-energy facility may generate a range of energy outputs: electricity, district heating, steam for industrial processes, desalinated seawater or district cooling. In this way, residual waste – i.e. waste that cannot be recycled in an economic or environmentally beneficial way – can become a resource by turning it into energy for the benefit of people, businesses, countries and the environment.
With its in-house experts, ADC is able to combine its knowledge of both energy and waste systems, to deliver bespoke solutions to our Clients, based on assessing their exact needs, building a specific business model and selecting precise technical solutions. Aided by our strategic partnerships, our main areas of expertise include:-
- Mechanical Treatment (Separation & Recovery)
- Anaerobic Digestion
- Combustion (CHP & tri generation)
Our approach is based on:
- Industry experience – in waste as well as across the renewable energy and process sectors
- Extensive in-house process engineering capability
- Our in-house understanding of waste streams and composition
- Technology ‘neutrality’ – enabling us to design, engineer, construct and commission solutions optimised to meet a project’s specific needs
Our range of services includes:
- Waste to energy assets with fully warrantied plant, energy output and infrastructure performance (full EPC ‘wrap’)
- Full facility Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning (EPCC)
- Design and engineering (conceptual, basic and detail)