To plan and execute short and medium term construction activities on site, ensuring safe completion of activities on time with effective utilization of resources according to approved work plans.
Career with ADC
Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Responsible for ensuring a safe workplace on site.
- In charge of generating methods and work plan on 2 week look-ahead and working towards achieving planned activities.
- Responsible for day-to-day running of the discipline activities.
- Responsible for raising Material Requisitions for the respective discipline, in a timely manner, according to general procurement schedule (as per QMS), approved by PM and monitored by CM.
- Responsible for raising, discussing and approving manpower plans for discipline and revising the manpower schedule based on 2-week look-ahead.
- To raise Method Statements (MS) for major activities and take approval from PM and CM and execute MS in a safe manner.
- To raise Request for Inspection (RFI) to QC engineers and to Consultant / Client. Responsible for ensuring passing of inspection.
- To review discipline design drawings, prepare shop drawings, and analytically comment on discipline design.
- Required to regularly meet with other engineers, foremen and supervisors daily distribute the works, and with project team to report back progress and issues.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.), Engineering Mechanical or equivalent from 4 year college or university
- 5+ years experience in the fields of construction projects.
- Understanding of mechanical systems; knowledge of civil, electrical and controls systems.
- Understanding of machinery and its usage.
- Knowledge of local suppliers, markets and localities.
- Knowledge of safety codes.