Mechanical engineers work on a project from the initial brief, through the design and development stage, to the testing and commissioning activities up to hand over of the project.
Career with ADC
- Design review of Mechanical drawings through each stage to ensure completeness and compliance with scope of work.
- Carry out constructability review during design stages.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Supervises the work of relevant mechanical (HVAC) Contractors to ensure quality and that constructions/installations are in accordance with drawings, specifications and local regulations.
- Reviews materials and equipment to ensure that they are in accordance with the specifications.
- Specify system components to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Reviews shop drawings to ensure that they are in accordance with the design and that they are coordinated.
- Witnesses testing and commissioning and performance of various plant and systems.
- Reviews ‘As Built’ drawings and ‘Operation and Maintenance Manuals’.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations.
- Assist drafters in developing designs, using drafting tools or computer-assisted design/drafting equipment and software.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.), Engineering Mechanical or equivalent from 4 year college or university
3-5 years plus experience in relevant field of work; Computer literacy.